Your questions to the interviewer

Towards the end of the interview, interviewers will ask if you have any questions for them. Avoid asking about things like salary, hours and holiday entitlements. Prepare two or three questions that show your interest in the job and the company, such as questions about:

  1. the job itself: responsibilities, appraisal methods, departmentalorganization;
  2. opportunities: travel, training, promotion opportunities;
  3. the company: expectations, growth and development.

Don’t ask things you should know from the job specifi cation, but you can ask for clarification or more information. For example:
  1. What would be the priorities in this job for the fi rst six months?
  2. Do you offer opportunities for training and development?
  3. What are the biggest challenges facing the team/department currently?
  4. May I ask why the job has become vacant?
  5. What would my career prospects be with the company?
  6. If I were to join this company, where would you see me in five years’ time?
  7. Do you promote internally?
  8. What are the company’s development plans in [an area you’re interestedin]?
  9. How does the company see the job developing over the next few years?
  10. I’m very interested in this job and I believe I could do it well. May I ask if you have any reservations about my suitability?
READ

Post a Comment

0 Comments